Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Seven Tips For Dry and Brittle Hair
While Spring is just around the corner and winter is on the wane, the end of winter is often the most frustrating time for women when it comes to their hair. We've had months of exposure to temperature extremes, and dry heat that are just part of the winter conundrum. While we can not control the harsh elements of any season, the good news is that the most common reasons for dry and brittle hair can usually be found within your hair care regimen, and this is something you can actually do something about. Overprocessing with chemicals, excessive use of heat, lack of moisture, and using the wrong hair products are just a few. So what can you do to solve it?
1. Increase your deep conditioning sessions. Opt for at least once a week.
2. Moisturize your hair and ends daily.
3. Cut back on the heat. If you’re using heat daily, try to at least reduce it to once a week.
4. Protect your hair with satin/silk scarves and pillowcases at night.
5. Let go of the dead weight. If your hair is damaged, just cut it and get it over with.
6. Try protective hairstyling. Buns, braids, wigs , hair pieces, clip-in extensions, or anything that will shield your hair and ends from the elements.
7. Use chemical-free products in your hair, and if you are wearing a weave, this pertains as well. Try Hair factory's PURE Remi line for 100% human hair that is totally natural, luxurious, and has never been touched by harsh chemicals in any way. The fewer chemicals your hair comes into contact with, the healthier, shinier and more youthful it will be in the long run.