Thursday, December 29, 2011
The goods: you get free hair and photos if you have what it takes to represent Hair Factory.
So give it a try! Send your photos and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org right away. Entry deadline: January 7. Contestants must be 18 or older.
The photoshoot will take place in New York City, travel expenses not included.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
beach waves ) that added to her soft glamour. Beach waves are a simple and stylish alternative when you want a break from straight styles or just want to add some volume and definition to your hair. The best way to get this look is to purchase already textured beach waves for your next weave (such as Keke's texture in this photo). If you are already wearing a straight weave, all is not lost. This is a style you can acheive even if you are starting with straight hair. Here’s all you need to know to get this look. Before you begin, make sure your hair is washed, conditioned and not weighed down with products. Then:
1. Using a 1-inch ceramic barrel curling wand, begin wrapping sections of hair onto the curling wand. The smaller your sections, the tighter your curls. If you’re not coordinated, it may take you a few tries.
2. Once your whole head is done, gently comb out the waves a little after 5 minutes have gone by for a more natural finish. You can use a wide-tooth comb or better yet, just use your fingers for an even more natural outcome.
3. Add a little Morrocain Oil to soften your hair and bring the ultimate sheen to it as you gently loosen and separate the curls. Don't be afraid to scrunch them at the same time by grasping small sections of your hair (with a little bit of Morrocain Oil in the palm of your hand) and squeezing the curls to form a random natural pattern, and add a little tossle to your head of curls.
4. Holding Mist (optional). To keep your waves in place, Nexxus Maxximum Super Hold Styling and Finishing Mist works wells and adds volume. It’s not sticky and smells delish!
5. Flexi rod your hair each night to maintain your new style. (Ladies who prefer not to use heat for this look can achieve similar waves using flexi rods.) Alternatively, maintain your curls overnight by dividing your hair into segments, gently twisting it and pinning it up, and then wrapping it with a silk scarf before you go to sleep. This is another way to add longevity to your wavy style.
Love the color of Keke's hair? This is simply a graduated bleach applied to dark hair (color 1B) by leaving it natural at the roots then gradually increasing the application of bleach all the way to the tips resulting in a light strawberry blond (color 27) at the tips. Maintain this on-point color treatment by using Pureology Nano Works Conditioner and don't be surprised if you never use anything else to condition your hair again - this product add will add unsurpassed softness and body to your hair- a perfect way to extend the life of your new color and deep condition it at the same time to offset any damage the chemical treatment might have done.
-With Thanks to Madame Noire